Don't have a Pocket PC? Still want to write applications which require an Active Sync Connection with Pocket PC; Here is the way.....
Below is what i did to test my RAPI based application which required an Active Sync Connection!
1. Active Sync 3.7.1 on my PC
2. VS 2005 Device Emulators on my PC. (I think there must be separate installation for this...no need to install VS2005 for this ....you need to check for it)
Here is the procedure:
1. Navigate to your "Program Files\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0" folder. Start the "Device Emulator Manager" by clicking "dvcemumanager.exe" file.
2. Select one emulator e.g. "Pocket PC 2003 SE Emulator" and select Connect from the Actions Menu. Pocket PC 2003 SE Emulator will start.
3. Keep the emulator selected and Select "Cradle" from the Action Menu. The PPC emulator will go into "cradle" mode. You can see the icon beside the emulator name in the Device Emulator Manager change.
4. Start Active Sync if it is not running.
5. Devices will start communicating with each other and you can sync up your data.
6. Start writing your applications :)